Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Week in Reading (though a bit late..)

I've been on hiatus from the internet the past 5 days or so, and it's great to be back! I spent a wonderful few days at my dad's aunt and uncle's cabin, watching their 2 adorable Malteses while they were out of town. I had a blast and really will miss those doggies. I do get to see them again on Friday for a wee bit. I hope I can see them more often from now on (I just met them last week!!). They've both got such distinct personalities and I've grown close to both doggies.

While I'm missing those white fluffs, I am SO happy to be home again with my very own poochka, Mocha!

Though she isn't too loving or happy right now because she had to go to the vet today for all her yearly shots..

This week in reading, I started and finished Je suis le dernier Juif (The Last Jew of Treblinka) by Chil Rajchman, which I loved because it really was an eye-opener and a great reminder of the horrors of the Holocaust and the super strong people who survived it. I'll be posting a review soon. While you wait, preorder a copy of the English version at Amazon.com! I also started reading The Lace Reader. I thought I'd get more reading in during my days spent dog-sitting, but those two furballs had so much energy! I'm hoping to have it finished this weekend. Then I'll start on The Time Traveler's Wife, which I've been wanting to read since it was released but never made time for. I've heard mixed reviews on it, so I can't wait to see for myself what it's all about.

So what's in store for the rest of the week? Nothing bookish. All musique-related. I am getting PUMPED to see Alex Band (fave singer) next Wednesday June 30th for the annual Starry Night in the Garden here in Buffalo! I have a VIP ticket. Because I am so VIP material. It's going to rock! I'm also preparing myself for the excitement of Alex Band's debut solo album release on June 29th. I've waited years for this and can't believe the CD will soon be in stores! I reviewed 12 of the 14 songs on the new album back in November. The album is called "We've All Been There" and you can preorder it through Amazon.com, Target.com, and Bestbuy.com (and listen to song snippets!), or you can just pick it up Tuesday in stores! Annnddd sticking with the subject of Mr. Alex Band, I got my ticket in the mail this week to see him in Columbus, Ohio on August 1st!

No more off-topic gushes about my love for Mr. Band's music this week. I PROMISE!!

Hope everyone else is having a happy reading week!

Note: I am an Amazon Associate and will receive an eensy weensy tiny bit of money for each purchase you make at Amazon.com through the links on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment