Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Author News

Okay I am way out of the loop. Am I the only one who didn't know about Maggie O'Farrell's new book?? How did this news escape me?? I just saw The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox sitting on my bookshelf and was like "hmm..what's up with Ms. O'Farrell?" and stumbled upon a newish book of hers. It's called The Hand That First Held Mine.
The Hand That First Held Mine

I'm pretty excited about this. I read Vanishing Act when it was first released and loved it. I felt pretty much in the minority because my mom and sisters didn't really like it much. I think it was brilliantly crafted except for the ending. The ending could have been a lot better.

But anyway….I need to start paying more attention to my fave authors, which is part of the reason why I decided to start this new weekly post. Of course I won't always be posting about new releases (though this book actually came out in April!), more than likely I'll just talk about book tours and anything else halfway interesting the writers are up to.

I'm so happy I found out about O'Farrell's new book-I'll have to check it out as soon as I get the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment