Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Author Spotlight: George Bishop

Letter to My Daughter: A Novel


Today I felt like "putting the spotlight" on an author I came to truly love this past Spring when I read his debut novel, Letter to My Daughter.  (My review can be found here).  It was such a beautiful story and I was brought to tears quite a few times.  Author George Bishop has an impressive resume teaching overseas and has written quite a bit of short stories and essays.  And surprisingly, he does not have a daughter (and of course he did not attend an all girls Catholic high school).  How did he come to write a book that seems like a real letter from a mother to her teen daughter??  He explains that on his website.  There's also a lot of other neat stuff to check out. 

The site is: http://www.georgebishopjr.com/  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment