Monday, August 23, 2010

A Knitting Challenge: 6 Socks in September!

Yes call me a little crazy. But I'm doing it! As some of you may know, as well as being an avid reader, I also spend a lot of time knitting. Socks are just about my most favorite thing to knit, and I found the other day on Ravelry.com (the ultimate knit/crochet community with loads of free patterns!) a challenge that I just had to sign up for. The 6 Socks in September Challenge! That's 3 pairs of socks, in one month. I am crazy to think I can do this. School starts the day before this challenge begins, and the first month of school is always the worst because you have to get used to your classes, and you never know how much homework your new professors are going to give. But I'm determined to give this a try. I need a new pair of socks for those cold and snowy Buffalo winters Goshdarnit! So I found a great pattern that uses nice thick warm yarn for that. I found two more patterns that will be perfect for gifting to my mom and little sis for Christmas. One has a neat zigzaggy design, the other has hearts. I'll be starting on September 1st, and (hopefully!) finishing on September 30th. I'll be posting weekly updates with photos of my progress on this blog! So wish me luck and let the knitting begin! If you are interested in signing up for the challenge, then head on over to http://www.ravelry.com/groups/six-sock-september !

No comments:

Post a Comment