Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Book Blogger Hop

Let me first say that things are finally starting to get back to "normal" since school started!  I'm almost back into my old reading habits :)
And now for the Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly hop hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is a way for bloggers to find other great blogs to read and make new friends in the blogging world.

This week's question is:
When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?

My answer:
I always take notes while I'm reading, or underline certain parts/lines that I like or want to talk about.  As I read, I think about the book and my feelings of it, especially my thoughts towards certain events.  If I think the book starts slowly, I take note of that so I can mention it in the review.  But the actual review writing doesn't come until I've finished the book.  I usually wait a few days to write the review too, because I always like to have time to think about the book and really let it all sink in.

What about everyone else?  Do you write your review as you go or wait until you've finished it?

Happy Hopping!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! You write in your books? That's something I wouldn't do. :-)

    Happy reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoppin' on by <3

    I mark up my books like nobody's business. I was taught at an early age to be interactive with my reading: take notes, highlight passages, write down my feelings. And I still do! I pretty much do everything you do in regards to reviewing :) I'm so happy I'm not the only person who takes notes whilst reading. <3 (It tends to slow down my reading, though, haha.)


    Kristina
    Frazzled Book Nommer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm liking yours already! I agree Kelly is like the best name around =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting on the hop- hope you're enjoying The Time Traveller's Wife (and the Guernsey book is pretty good too).
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting me! I agree with your reviewing process. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for hopping over - I think we have similar tastes in books! Looking forward to future reviews!

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete