Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Blogger Hop, Yay!


Book Blogger Hop


The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly hop hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is a way for bloggers to find other great blogs to read and make new friends in the blogging world.

This week's question:
"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"

My answer:
I'm pretty sure most of us avid readers are going to have the same answer to this one ;)  I, of course, would love a huge home library.  And could the house that it's in please, please, please, please be in France??  And maybe I could get unlimited books published in French for my French reading habit??  Pretty pretty please?  With suger on top?  LOL we can always hope.

I don't know about you, but I am SO pumped for Halloween this weekend!  I was in France last year for it, and they don't celebrate Halloween like we do here (at least they didn't in my city..).  And I didn't have any Ghost Hunters Live episodes to watch.  And I didn't have any scary movies to watch.  (Unless you count Hocus Pocus that took me two weeks to download from iTunes because of a slow internet connection, which I couldn't watch for 2 weeks after Halloween anyway because of the slow download time..).  I am excited!

And of course, don't forget, if you haven't done so already, to enter my Halloween Giveaway!  Sign-ups close tomorrow, October 30th, but if you get yours in on Halloween morning I'll let that enter too :)  More info can be found here (follow the link).

Happy Hopping!  I can't wait to check out some new-to-me blogs this weekend, as last weekend was too busy for much hopping on my part.

Happy *almost* Halloween!  And who else is jealous that France gets a whole week off now for All Saint's Day?!

8 comments:

  1. Following that darn mechnical bunny around. His gears and cogs are wound tight.

    I would want a library at my finger tips, wait I have a Nook. I would want a million books to be loaded on it now :)

    I do not have a post for this week's hop but I do have a most wonderful new review posted. Stop by and see what I had to say about Stardust.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween (and All Saints' Day- a week sounds pretty darn good)! Halloween is a bit of a hit and miss affair in Australia (although I did get a Chupa Chups disguised as a ghost).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have an apartment full of books. . .that's sort of a library, right?

    blue sky book dream - I want everything Ai Yazawa has ever written to be translated into English and available here. SHe's one of Japan's most famous mangaka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Halloween is mostly a North American thing isn't it? We don't really do it in Australia either - also it's spring in October! - but I live in Toronto these days and it's fun to get into it!

    Wow. The Europeans get so many holidays don't they! I mean, on top of the ones they can take as paid vacations. I have a Danish friend who gets several weeks off every year - her father can take 10 weeks! In Australia it's typically two weeks off at Christmas, and 2 weeks off when you want them. It's much worse in Canada. They're very mean about holidays. Not as bad as Japan though, where you're made to feel guilty for asking for two days off! (hence all the gift buying so your colleagues aren't mad at you when you return!)

    Sorry, long comment ;) Have a great weekend Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!"
    Have a fangtastic Halloween!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Saint's Day break is the best! It gives boyfriends a chance to visit :) Merci Toussaints!!

    I would like a library too, maybe in a really old gorgeous home w/ original woodwork and moldings :) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi thanks for visiting my blog
    i am so jealous that France has a weeks holiday i am moving over there for next year (i wish)
    Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the lovely library -- I can't wait for that...one day! :)
    Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

    ReplyDelete