Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wrapping up the Year

First, am I spelling "wrap" correctly??  I'm a bit braindead at the moment and it just doesn't seem like I'm using the right form of it..

2010 will soon be coming to an end, so I decided to look back on everything I read this year to try and pick some favorite reads of the year.  Boy was it hard.  Instead of picking one or two awesome books, I'm going to list a bunch of favorites that are definite must-reads (and rereads in the future pour moi).  I'm always surprised by how many books I read and truly adore, and then I remember that it's probably because I'm such a picky reader.  If I'm bored, I'll read anything, but for the most part I only read books that I REALLY want to read.

My Favorite Books of 2010 (links lead to reviews on my blog):

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Random House Reader's Circle)
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (review coming tomorrow!)
The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, Book 3)
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Time Traveler's Wife

Reckless by Cornelia Funke

Reckless
The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
The Thief Lord

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief

The Books of Pellinor (The Crow and The Singing) by Alison Croggon
The Singing: The Fourth Book of Pellinor (Pellinor Series)

Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk
Waiting for Columbus


The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
The Little Stranger


I realize this is a really long list.....and there are still books that I had to leave off because I didn't want the list to be even longer.  If you want any good books to read next year, feel free to take some ideas from this list :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, we have totally different books in our wrap up post list. =) That's good i guess. I would love to read Waiting for columbus and The book thief.Read many positive reviews on those 2 books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! You definitely have several on here that I've been eager to read - particularly The Little Stranger, The Time Traveler's Wife, andThe Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete