So first of all, thank you all for being awesome and letting me have my time.
I have like 7 book reviews that will be posted in the next few weeks, and I've realized that it's better to write them as I read them or else I will have a huge stack of books to review and then shit happens and I have no time to write them and then nothing gets blogged.
Now on to fun stuff:
I have ordered my yearly big box of books from FRANCE!! I am excited. Super. Last year's box had mainly newer contemporary stuff because I hadn't read much of it and wanted to give it a try. I discovered some really great authors, my fave of which is Amélie Nothomb. But Maryse Condé and Philippe Labro were also pretty kick ass.
This year's box contains mostly classics and whatnot, seeing as I am currently in the process of applying to grad school for French lit. I figured I should read some classic-y stuff for that. So, without further ado, the contents of my box of books from FRANCE!!:
1. Les liaisons dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons) by Pierre-Ambroise-Francois Choderlos de Laclos
2. Le Voyage d'hiver (The Winter Journey) by Amélie Nothomb
3. Oeuvres completes (Complete Works) by Louise Labé
4. L'Amant (The Lover) by Marguerite Duras
5. Le deuxieme sexe (The Second Sex)by Simone de Beauvoir
6. Le rouge et le noir (The Red and the Black) by Stendhal
And #7 I can't put here just yet because it's a gift for Twin for Christmas and she reads by blog because she's pretty much awesome. Most of the time anyway.