Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Bookish Goals for 2013

First of all, I keep typing 2012 instead of 2103.  This will probably go on until about November, and then by the time I'm typing 2013 without thinking about it, it's going to be 2014.  Anyways...

This week's Top 10 Tuesday is Top 10 Bookish Goals for 2013.  Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Check out their blog :)

1. Read more books.  I really thought I would do a lot of reading in 2012, because it was my first full year out of school.  But I actually read less this year than I ever did in college.  Probably because I had to get used to not having summer and winter breaks.  And the Boyfriend and I moved in together which took away reading time in September and October when we were getting settled in.  And of course when my darling Mocha got sick I didn't really read much for months because I was with her all the time, making sure she was comfortable.  I think at this point I've got a nice reading pace going and I'd like to keep that up throughout the year.

2. Read more French books.  I don't think I finished any French books this year.  Maybe 1 or 2.  Usually every year in December or November I buy 5 or 6 books from France and have them shipped and they last me the year, and then by the time November or December role around, I'm out of French books and I have to order more.  I still have a stack here waiting to be read.  I want to be able to order more soon!!  But I won't let myself until I'm out of French books to read on my shelves...

3. Blog More.  2012 was busy and pretty life changing for me, and at times I just needed to unplug and not do anything, especially after Mocha passed away.  Also moving in with the Boyfriend gave me less time to blog at first.  I'm hoping to keep it steady all year because I know that I disappeared for a month or 2 at a time this past year.

4. Make more blogging friends. I have blogging aquaintances that I like talking to on occasion on Twitter and through comments, and I think I didn't really work hard at making blogging friends this year because of all that went on, as described above.  This year I'd like to focus on "meeting" more of you guys.

5. Start a book club.  My friend and Twin have already decided that we are definitely starting a book club, and we've got a few other friends excited about it.  We just have to sit down and plan it and decide what to start reading and then we will be a real book club :)  I'm so excited!

6. Shop more at local bookstores.  This I have always done to an extent, but now that I'm living in the city and not right near a Barnes and Noble, I think I will definitely be buying more at local bookstores.  There's 2 right down the street from me actually.  With this, I'll also be starting up my Shopping Indie again.  So yay!

And that's all I can think of at the moment.  I can't wait to read what everyone else's bookish goals are for the year!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like some great goals for the year Kelly ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab goals! One of my secret ones is to not be so lazy and read some of the long-neglected French books I have on my shelves. I would highly recommend starting a book club. So easy and so much fun. There's nothing like sharing a reading experience with 15 other people at once!

    ReplyDelete