Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Characters in Childrens/Middle Grade Books!

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!  This one is kind of bittersweet for me because last week I was off all week!  And now I'm back at work!!  (sad face)

Anyway, check out the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish.  They do a great job hosting Top Ten Tuesday every week :)

This week's topic is top ten characters in x genre.  I decided to go with childrens and middle grade books, since these aren't types of books I often read.  When I do read them though, I tend to love them.

1. Mo from the Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke.  He is awesome!  He is just a dad who loves his daughter in the beginning, but then he slowly transforms into super dad.

2. The Adderhead from the Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke.  Because he was so damn scary.  I read these books in my late teens and he terrified me.  Just thinking about meeting him in person terrifies me. 

3. Leslie from Bridge to Terabithia-No explanation needed really.  She was just amazingly awesome.

4. Amelia Bedelia-For being so hilarious and helping me pass many an evening and weekend as a child.

5. Jacob Reckless from Reckless by Cornelia Funke.  I love him.  He is an adventurer and has a tough skin, but he's really soft underneath and cares a lot about his brother and his family.  Can't wait for book 2 to come out in April!

6. Piglet from Pooh Bear-Because he was such a great friend.  He always listened and was always there.

7. Peter Rabbit-seriously, no explanation needed.

8. Dorothy in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.  Dorothy in the book is a cute little girl, and nothing like the Dorothy in the movie.  She, to me, is braver and tougher and doesn't really seem to feel all that bad about killing the wicked witch.

9. Madeline-Who didn't grow up wanting to be her?? 

10. The kids from the Magic Tree House books-They got to go on so many fun adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment