Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less than I Did

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic: Books I thought I'd like more/less than I did.

Books I Liked MORE than I thought I would:

1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  I put this one down for a few months because I wasn't feeling at after a few chapters, and loved it once I picked it up again.

2. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty.  I thought the Little Sis would love this one and she did, and then she wanted me to read it and I didn't think it was my thing.  But I adored it.

3. Who Was Dracula by Jim Steinmeyer.  I wasn't sure how interesting Bram Stoker and the people in his life would be, but I really liked this one a lot!

4. Enchantments by Kathryn Harrison.  Adored this one, the story was so enchanting.


Books I Liked LESS than I thought I would:

1. The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson.  I just didn't like the husband.  And the way that the main character acted towards him.  It ended up making me not really love this one.

2. The Moment by Douglas Kennedy.  I really liked this book, but I thought there was a lot of parts that were unnecessary and the story dragged in parts because of it.

3. Tout Sweet by Karen Wheeler.  This was filled with great info about moving to France, but there were parts that got to me.  I read it after reading another memoir about moving to Paris, which I adored.  So I think I just noticed more how much I wasn't into this one.

4. The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie.  I just was not into the story like I thought I would be.


And that is that!  What books would you add to the list?

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I still have yet to read NIGHT CIRCUS. I've heard so many great things about it that I hope it doesn't let me down. Seems like much of my liked less list were exactly that - books that just didn't live up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete