Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Involving Travel

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies of The Broke and the Bookish.  Don't forget to check out their blog!

This week's topic: Top Ten Books featuring travel in some way

I love traveling.  It is one of my favorite things to do (speaking of which I think I'm supposed to be planning a trip right now....).  But I feel like I haven't read very many books that involve travel.  Anyone know of any good books about a road trip fiction or non?  I would love to read something like that.

1. Paris in Love by Eloisa James.  The author of historical romances moves her family to Paris for a year.  Adored this one, especially the format.  It was written is short little sections, and James' descriptions of what she saw in Paris made me feel like I was back there.  Recommend this one to all!

2. Tout Sweet by Karen Wheeler.  Another one about someone moving to France!  Of course!  Wheeler decided to move indefinitely to a small village (which wasn't all that far away from the city I studied in!).

3. Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto.  I dub this the perfect vacation read.  It is a love story/mystery and there is so much travel because the main character meets her husband while he is giving tours of off the beaten path places in Europe.

4. Paris to the Past: Traveling through French History by Train by Ina Caro.  Caro and her husband have spent a ton of time traveling through France.  As they got older, they wanted to stay in Paris but still get out and see the historic sites.  So Caro started exploring the places they could take by train from Paris and have a nice day trip and be back by bedtime.  Love it!  Starts with Medieval history and works its way up.

5. South of Superior by Ellen Airgood.  The main character takes a trip to take care of elderly relatives in Michigan, and it is one of the best books ever!

6. Leaving India: My Family's from Five Villages to Five Continents by Minal Hajratwala.  The author traces her family back to India and how they eventually ended up all over the world.

7. I have to put it in: The Time Traveler's Wife.  Because I mean he travels through time!  And it remains one of my all-time favorite books!

So that is my list, a bit short.  What are some of your favorite books (fiction or nonfiction) that involve travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment