Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator, 2nd Edition by Corinne McKay


I'm going to keep this review short, because I already reviewed the first edition back in 2011.  You can read that review here.  This is the updated version, which had a lot of new information, actually!

McKay is a successful freelance translator, and if you are considering taking the leap to freelance work of any kind, I highly recommend this.  What I really loved about this new version were updates on how to use social media to get work and just to keep your name out there for people to see.  Just like the last book, I loved all of McKay's personal examples.  When you hear about real things that have happened to freelancers, it make it seem more real, and like you can actually do it too.

If you're going to read either of her books, I would go with the 2nd edition.  It has all of the great information from the first book but is up to date on technology, social media, etc.  I high recommend it.

Title: How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator, 2nd Edition
Author: Corinne McKay
Date of Publication: 2011
Number of Pages: 208
Genre: Nonfiction, business
Source: Personal Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment