Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Don't forget to stop by their blog :)

This week's topic: Authors who deserve more recognition.  There are so many wonderful authors and you talk about them to people and they are like "who is that??"  Or you read a book and you can't really find very many other reviews on other blogs.  There are so many great authors out there and I am excited to read everyone else's choices for this topic, because maybe I will find some real gems.

1. Thomas Trofimuk.  His books Waiting for Columbus was incredible.  I recommend this book all the time and find myself thinking about it all the time even though I read it at least 3 (??) years ago.  I remember how badly I wanted it when it first came out and I loved it and didn't want it to end and then there wasn't much talk of it in the blogosphere.  Though I did first hear about it through a few blog posts :)

2. Cornelia Funke.  So I mean I know she's probably relatively well known for younger readers, but her books are so much fun for adult readers too!  A lot of her books have some darker qualities to them that an older reader appreciates more.  I think more adults need to give her stuff a try.

3. Ellen Airgood.  South of Superior totally took me by surprise when I read it.  I thought it was going to be a fluffy light read, and I was so wrong.  It hit some pretty deep chords and I can't believe more people aren't in love with it like I am.

4. Alison Croggon.  She wrote one of my favorite series ever, the Books of Pellinor.  I don't usually like fantasyish books about other worlds and magic and whatnot, but I loved these, and I connected instantly with the characters and the story and everything.  Yet so many people haven't read the books!  I think Croggon is super talented.  She made up this whole world and it is so believable.

So what authors are on your list??

No comments:

Post a Comment