Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: The FabYouList by Susan Campbell Cross



I actually had this review set to be published in August!  And then right before it went up on my blog I realized the book isn't out until September.  I don't like posting reviews of books that aren't out yet, so I had to wait..

So anyway, this is Cross's book about how she realized that life was kind of blah and that she'd forgotten about everything she used to want from life.  So she made a list of 40 things that she had always wanted to do but somehow over the years had forgotten about.  This book chronicals the adventure.

I'm not huge into life-changing motivational books, but this one seemed like something I would like.  I mean, Cross makes a list of things she wants to do.  I live by lists.  I love them.  They remind me of what I need to be doing.  And once I started reading the book, I realized, "hey, maybe I can actually use this book.." because even though I'm not on the brink of 40 like Cross was when she started her list, I do feel like now that I have a full time job and bills to pay that I forget about the things I used to dream about doing in my 20s.  I'm sure you've all had that feeling too!

Of course, Cross is a stay at home mom when she starts her list, so it probably wasn't super hard to find the time to do a lot on her list.  Yeah, she had to watch the kids, but they are in school all day anyway. 

Overall I loved the concept of the book.  I thought Cross did a great job with the book and I liked reading about how she got through her list.  I could definitely connect with her on some points.  She is a very likable narrator but at times she did grind on me a bit.  Or that could have been because I read this book on a Saturday afternoon when it was in the 90s and I was miserable!  All in all though, I did like the book and it did inspire me to want to check some things off of my bucket list.  This was a great read for a hot summer day when you don't have the energy to get wrapped up in a fictional plot.


Title: The FabYouList: List it, Live it, Love your Life
Author: Susan Campbell Cross
Date of Publication: September 10th, 2013
Number of Pages: 250
Source: LibraryThing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment