Saturday, February 8, 2014

Classics Club Spin #5


It's time for another Classics Club Spin.  I had a blast with the last one (my first), and found that it was a fantastic way to read more classics (because, let's face it, I've been slacking in that department lately).  I've picked 20 books from my list, some I own and some I don't.  I can't wait until Monday to see what I'll be reading next!

1. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
2. The Hobbit by Tolkein
3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
4. The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway
5. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
6. A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
9. The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas
10. The Three Muskateers by Dumas
11. The Sranger by Albert Camus
12. Cheri by Colette
13. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
14. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
15. Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
16. Swann's Way by Proust
17. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
18. A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway
19. Madame Bovary by Flaubert
20. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

So yeah!  I could be reading any of those next!  So exciting!

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome list. For once I've read more than half and they are all well worth it. Cheri is just superb and I just finished The Picture of Dorian Grey. So disturbing.

    ReplyDelete