Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at the Broke and the Bookish. Don't forget to visit their blog :)
This week's topic: books that will make you cry.
I have to say, I'm not a huge cryer. At funerals, I don't cry, I'm more trying to support my family. Movies, I really don't cry from them much either.
But give me a good book and I will bawl my eyes out. Just ask the boyfriend. Here are my top ten picks:
1. I Shall Be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe. It's a love story, and a war story, and I cried and cried (at work).
2. Night Swim by Jessica Keener. If you've lost a parent, this will make you cry.
3. The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman. I cried so many times while reading this one.
4. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. This one will get me every time I read it, I'm sure. There's one particular scene that I had to read over and over, and I actually grabbed my pen and underlined the passage and put a big sad crying face on the page next to it. I was literally sobbing when I read this book.
5. The Inkheart books by Cornelia Funke. If you've read these, you know exactly where I was crying. Like close to throwing the book crying.
6. Bridge to Terabitha by Katherine Paterson. How can this not be on your list if you've read it???!!
7. The Books of Pellinor by Allison Croggon. There's one specific part in one of the books that had me crying so hard.
8. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. Don't tell me you didn't cry like a baby.
9. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I cried pretty much through the whole entire book. Because their love was so beautiful but I was like "how can this last?!!"
10. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray. My twin sister kept telling me to read it and was crying when she finished, and when I finally read it, she was across the ocean studying abroad in France. So I was already crying, but then I wanted to talk to her and cry with her about it so badly, but she wasn't here, and my mom was like "seriously, stop crying", that I ended up sobbing for a good chunk of time over this.
I can't wait to see what was on your list! I won't lie, I love a good tearjerker. So I need to see what I should add to my reading list :)