Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekend Reads and Happy New Year!

.First, I'd like to say Happy New Year!  I think everyone should follow in the footsteps of a wonderful blog called Readerbuzz and make HAPPINESS their main goal of 2011!

This week, surprisingly, was filled with quite a few blog posts and reviews from me.  I say it's surprising because I didn't think I'd have much time to post anything.  Happily though, I was wrong!  I listed some of my favorite reads of 2010, which was really hard to do.  I really loved most of the books I read.  Then I posted a somewhat vague review of The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray.  It's the last in a trilogy and I didn't want to give too much away (thus the "vagueness").  I then did a post of books I received for Christmas.  I'm so excited for reading in 2011 because I've got some awesome looking books lined up!  And I ended the week with a quick little post about my love for The Anatomy of Ghosts, which I just finished and adore.  Review coming this week.

Now I don't like to do the whole "resolution" thing, but this year I would like to highlight some goals I'd like to accomplish in 2011.  For one, make this the year of happiness, as stated above. 

I would also like to incorporate more reading en francais ("in French" minus the accent on the "c" because my laptop doesn't do accent codes..).  This year I read a few books in French, but I hope to increase that by a lot this year.  I bought 5 books from a French book site, plus my sister brought me back a few from her study abroad trip.  I'm all set ;) 

And finally, I'd like to take more time to just read.  And read books I want to read.  I don't accept/ask for very many review books, but I'm afraid that if I don't start setting boundaries now, eventually it will get totally out of control and then I'll be reading books I'm not enjoying just so I can review them for publishers.  My goal for this year is to edit my review policy.  I'm not going to 100% for sure review every book I receive for review.  If I read the book, I'll review it.  If I find I just don't want to read the book, I won't.  I'm a picky reader and I don't want too many review books from publishers to mess that up ;)

Happy New Year to you all, and I wish you all a great 2011, full with lots of joy and happiness!  What are your goals for 2011?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you a happy New Year. I can't wait to read some more of your great reviews this year. Good luck with the reading in French. I'm with you on the reading stuff that one actually is interested in. That is my main goal too!

    ReplyDelete