Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Readings

It is scorching today, and I do NOT do well in the heat :( At least last night was spent at Gramma's, where the AC is always on full-blast! My house doesn't have any AC..

I got a lot of reading done yesterday. The family and I had to go to my Aunt Lois's house to spend an afternoon, to celebrate the birthday of one of my cousins and the graduation of another from college. I decided to bring a book along, since usually these family events are long and boring (and my cousins are usually either working or run off with friends, leaving me to deal with the old ladies). The Swan Thieves was too big to fit into my purse, so I brought another book, one I'd started reading yesterday morning. It's called Letter to My Daughter, by George Bishop.


I'm the kind of person who likes to have a few books going at a time anyway. That way, I have different books for different occasions. Anyway….the book so far is really good. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it. I won it from the LibraryThing.com Early Reviewers givaway a few months ago. It's basically one really long letter than a mother writes to her teenage daughter after they get into a big fight and the daughter runs off. I have a feeling it's going to turn into one of those books I love so much that I don't ever want it to end. And then I'll be forcing it onto all of my friends and family. I love the way the mother is going about telling her daughter about her own adolescence, especially the part where her mother does the "dirty" for the first time. I was very intrigued, because while my own mother is totally awesome, she rarely ever discloses any personal info like that to my sisters or me. I'll stop talking about the 60 pages I've read right now. I'm sure I'll have a review of it up sometime next week :)

So back to my aunt's house. I actually ended up enjoying myself and never even had to pull my book out of my bag! We didn't stay late (thank the gods!) because my mom had to be home by 7 to catch the end of Lost. I got to do a ton of reading of The Swan Thieves this morning though. I slept at my Gramma's house because she wasn't feeling well, and while she was at the lab today with her aid, I had a whole hour of uninterrupted reading! Just about 50 more pages and I'm done! Review will be up later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment