Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Week In Review

I can't say I'm sad that the week is over. It was very busy and I am worn out! Work was busy but bearable. This afternoon I went with my family to Buffalo's Allentown Art Festival. I love going just to look at all the handmade things. I usually never buy anything. Though lately I've grown accustom to eyeing the paintings and prints a lot closer. Eventually I'll be moving into my own place, and when I do, I can't wait to start collecting artwork for it! My mom was a sweetheart and bought me a beautiful glass necklace with a tree on it. Maybe I'll get a photo up later in the week.

In reading this week, I finished The Crow, and reviewed it (which is right below this post). I also started reading Waiting for Columbus, by Thomas Trofimuk. I am LOVING it so far! I can tell this is going to be a awesome read. The writing is beautiful. I don't know how he does it, but Trofimuk was somehow able to write so well that as I'm reading, it feels like the words are slipping through my brain like silk. I LOVE it. I also decided that my next read is going to be a book I picked up while traveling abroad in France. It's called Je suis le dernier juif, and it's a memoir by Chil Rajchman. My version is in French. I think it was originally written in Polish. And it's going to be published in ENGLISH February 15th, 2011, under the name The Last Jew of Treblinka: A Memoir. It's already up on Amazon for pre-orders, and if this memoir is anywhere near as good and I think it's going to be, I'm going to pre-order the English copy as soon as I finish my French copy. This book is going to be insanely sad and depressing, but I am really excited to read it.

So that's what I've been up to. What is everyone else reading or planning on reading? I am super excited for my 6 day weekend and break from work-it's going to be spent knitting, reading, playing with the poochka (my dog), and hanging out with Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment