Sunday, August 8, 2010

In My Mailbox (2)

 In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea from Pop Culture Junkie. Every Sunday bloggers post the books they've acquired over the past week: bought/borrowed/won. For more info please visit The Story Siren's IMM page.

Flight: A NovelKeep the Change: A Clueless Tipper's Quest to Become the Guru of the GratuityHouse Made of Dawn (P.S.)

3 new books came to my house this week!  Two of them I bought:
Flight by Sherman Alexie is for my Native American Lit. Challenge.  It looks pretty awesome and is about a teenage boy who runs away from his 20th foster family.

House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday is also for my Native American Lit. Challenge.  I've been wanting to read it for a long time now so I'm pretty excited!  Here is the description:
A young Native American, Abel has come home from a foreign war to find himself caught between two worlds. The first is the world of his father's, wedding him to the rhythm of the seasons, the harsh beauty of the land, and the ancient rites and traditions of his people. But the other world -- modern, industrial America -- pulls at Abel, demanding his loyalty, claiming his soul, goading him into a destructive, compulsive cycle of dissipation and disgust. And the young man, torn in two, descends into hell.

Book 3 is called Keep the Change and it's by Steve Dublanica.  It is a review copy I received from the publisher.  I'm looking foward to reading it because I always get extremely nervous about leaving tips when I pay for dates with the BF.I always feel like I tip too much or too little.  I hope this helps.

So I spent a bit too much money on the 2 books I bought (they were like $14 each!!), but I was getting frustrated because my library doesn't have either of them (seriously?!). 

Also have a little story about an audiobook I got out a while ago.  I returned it a few weeks ago and yesterday was going through CD cases.  I opened my radio in my bedroom and guess what was inside?!  One of the audiobook discs.  Doh!  I felt so stupid that I couldn't even return it myself to the library!  I made my little sister and her BF do it.  The librarian didn't even know it was missing because no one checked the audiobook case when I returned it!  Ha!  So: lesson learned.  Always make sure you double check that all discs are inside before returning audiobooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment