Sunday, August 8, 2010

Read Your Own Books Read-A-Thon





 
Monica at The Bibliophilic Book Blog is hosting a Read Your Own Books Read-A-Thon!  As the title of the read-a-thon states, you read only books you own/have bought (that means no review copies, gifts, loaners, etc!).  I've decided to participate in my first read-a-thon as a blogger (I've done my own little read-a-thons with my sister, just never through this blog).  The read-a-thon is set to start at 9am on Friday the 13th and end at 9am on Monday the 16th of August.  If you would like to sign up for the read-a-thon, please visit Monica's read-a-thon page at her blog.

I probably won't be reading the entire weekend, as that's the weekend my twin sister leaves for her 5 months abroad in France.  But I will DEFINITELY be reading all day and night after she leaves, as a way to distance myself from the reality of her departure!  I know I shouldn't be so sad over her leaving, as I left her last year to study in France....but it's different when you're the one staying at home! 

I've been going through my books, coming up with a list of books to keep with me for the read-a-thon.  Here's what I've decided on:

The Singing by Alison Croggon, The Jungle by Upton Sinclair (which I've had one my shelf for years but haven't picked up to read!), the two books I bought this past week: Flight by Sherman Alexie and House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday, and then if I feel like reading in French: Compère général Soleil by Jacques Stephen Alexie.

I'll be updating throughout the read-a-thon through Twitter (my name is tomgirl571 on there) and through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment