Thursday, June 7, 2012

Armchair BEA: Beyond the Blog!



So today's topic is sort of to discuss if/how have we taken steps with our blog to meet a certain goal, like freelance writing, monetizing, etc. I don't really have any good stories to tell with this :) Because my blog is just a hobby and I really don't have time right now to focus a lot more time on it. I know a lot of bloggers are able to use their blogs as a way to eventually get work within the book community, which is amazing. I'd like to take today to discuss what my goal is and how I'm planning on getting there.
I don't really plan on using my blog to get starting freelancing or anything like that. I know lately I haven't been reading much French lit, but I have a whole bunch of French books sitting around right now that are just waiting to be read. And I'd like to use my blog to encourage me to read those books and really think about them. So that when I go to grad school eventually, I have a pretty good knowledge of a lot of French authors and their major works. Soooo, I guess my beyond the blog post is all about my blog helping me become a more rounded French scholar.
I'm sure many of you have insanely more interesting thinks to say! So I can't wait to read your posts for today!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an excellent answer! I'm also using mine to prepare for grad school! That's why I keep track of the books I've read for GRE prep. Knowing people are reading, for some reason keeps us on our toes, eh?

    ReplyDelete