Friday, June 8, 2012

Armchair BEA: The Future of Book Blogging!



 
I'd like to end our very fun week of Armchair BEA with a tip from none other than moi ;) I'm sure everyone is going to say this, but for real, it's true:
If you want to stay interested in your blog and keep it true to yourself, then you have to blog what you want to blog.
Sure, someone else might have a really interesting, fun, attention-getting feature or writing style on her blog, but that doesn't mean you need to have something similar. Just because other people do memes doesn't mean you have to. Basically, if blogging starts to feel like a chore, maybe you should sit back and think about what you're writing, what you're reading, and what your blogging style is.
Personally, I love reading memes on other people's blogs. But I know that I would hate to have to come up with something to post every week or whatnot. And I just really can't be bothered. I also know that I'm NOT going to post something every single day, and maybe sometimes I'll go weeks without any posts (like recently..), and once I accepted that that was just how my blog was, I was a much happier blogger.
So just listen to yourself and have fun is what I guess I'm trying to say. If you don't think blogging is fun, then maybe it's just not for you :)
I've had a blast all week reading everyone else's posts! I've met some great new bloggers too!

3 comments:

  1. I like memes too. They are good filler, if you are just not able to read and review. And you can find other new book recommendations, or a little about the blogger from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You have such a cool blog, and I love the advice. Have a happy Friday and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging what you want to blog is a great tip! I think people know if you're not doing that and then they stop reading, but if you're passionate about what you're writing then people can see that, too!
    Good luck with the blog!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete