Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish. Check out their blog :)
This week's topic is: Top Ten books that I had to buy but are still sitting on my bookshelf unread.
So I have a confession to make: I am horrible with this. I get super excited for a book and buy it right when it's released, and then I don't read it for years. Here is my list:
1. The Ghost Knight by Cornelia Funke. I bought this one in September when Boyfriend and I were in Lake Placid on vacation. I love everything I've ever read by Funke, and I saw this one and thought I was going to go home and devour it. But then everytime I look for a new book to start, I book it off, because I want to savour that book.
2. A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay. I remember buying this as soon as it was out in paperback and I still haven't read it. No excuses either, because I've loved her other books.
3. Disaster Was My God: A Novel of the Outlaw Life of Arthur Rimbaud by Bruce Duffy. I am kind of obsessed with all things Rimbaud, and I preordered this book and couldn't wait for it to come in the mail. And I haven't read it yet even though it's been a few years.
4. Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende. I pretty much begged to get this one for Christmas 2 years ago, and still haven't read it..
And then there are the French books I usually order on a yearly basis so that I can keep up with my comprehension and read the classics:
5. Le voyage d'hiver by Amelie Nothomb
6. Le deuxieme sexe by Simone de Beauvoir
7. Louise Labe's Oeuvres completes
8. Les liaisons dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
And what books did you run out to buy and then never read??