Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. Don't forget to check out their blog :)
This week's topic is: 10 series I'd like to start but haven't yet
This should be interesting. I KNOW that there are a lot of series out there I'd like to start. But I can't think of many right now. I love the idea of series, but once I'm reading them I sometimes start slacking in reading the next book, because if I know the series is ending soon, I don't want to finish the last book and have it actually be over. That happened with the last book from that whole Tomorrow When the War Began series. And I put off Ink Death in that trilogy for as long as possible. And I put of The Sweet Far Thing from those books for as long as possible.
Basically, when I find something I really like, I end up not finishing the series (or waiting really long to do so) because I don't want it to end..
Also, what qualifies as a series here? Anything with more than 1 book? Because that's what I'm going with :)
But anyway, here we go:
1. The Hunger Games books. I would like to finally read these. Though I'm told that after reading Battle Royale, which I did last year, The Hunger Games seems really lame. But we will see.
2. Jennifer Donnelly's Rose series. But I'm off to a really bad start. I started reading the first book, The Tea Rose, but then I got nervous about what was going to happen and read ahead, which I never do. And then I didn't like where the book was going to, so I stopped reading it like 50 pages in. Maybe someday I'll pick it up again. I really liked the characters, which I think was my problem.
3. The Thursday Next books. I think that's what they're called. My coworker recommended them to me and I really want to get started.
And now, let's turn it over to: Series I have started and not finished but really want to finish!!
4. The Tradd Street books by Karen White. Read the first one and adored it. Sister has the next two at home and I have yet to start them. I think there's just 1 more book coming out, so I want to savor these.
5. Philipp Pullman's His Dark Materials Books. I started with The Subtle Knife and then read The Amber Spyglass. I never went back to read book 1 because then the story will really be over!!
6. The Fearless books. Remember those? They were big when I was in like middle school. I read the first 4 or something and then stopped because (big surprise here) I didn't want to read them too quickly and then not have anymore to read.
7. The Lady Julia Grey books by Deanna Raybourn. I read the first book and just haven't gone on to the next because I don't have it yet.
8. Margaret Atwood's The MaddAddam Trilogy. I read The Year of the Flood and really my only excuse for not reading Oryx and Crake yet is that I just bought it and will eventually get to it. And by eventually I mean probably within the next 2 months.
And that's all I can come up with. So you see, I have a problem. With not finishing series. Anyone else share by fear of finishing a great series??