Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty


This hilarious and relatable book introduces us to Jessica Darling, whose best friend and confidante has just moved far away.  Jessica has no one else to confide in the way she confided in Hope, and she doesn't really enjoy hanging out with any of the other kids at her school.  Struggling without Hope, Jessica slowly gets to know of the school's social outcasts, Marcus Flutie, and things get complicated.

This book is adorable!!  It is not at all the type of book I'd normally read.  I guess it's classified as YA??  But I think grown ups would also love this one.  I actually recommended this book to my little sister maybe a year ago(??) because I just knew it was for her.  I had read Jamie's thoughts (of The Perpetual Page Turner) and immediately knew that my little sister would relate to the main character.  Jessica Darling is a wonderful narrator.  She is such an awkward person, which I can relate to, but her whole personality is so much like my little sister!  So anyway, my little sister devoured it and a few of the other Jessica Darling books and has been begggginnnngggg me to read this one.

So I finally did.

I see that there are quite a few more Jessica Darling books, which I am super excited to read!  It will be so interesting and fun to see her "grow up" (ha, like we ever do..) through the rest of the books.

I really recommend this book.  It is just a super fun read, and you will defiinitely be laughing out loud.  I wish I had known about this book when I was in high school because I know I would have loved it then too!


Title: Sloppy Firsts
Author: Megan McCafferty
Date of Publication: 2001
Number of Pages: 280
Genre: Fiction
Source: Lent to me by my little sister

No comments:

Post a Comment