Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Topics that Automatically Make Me Pick Up a Book

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Thank you guys for hosting!

This week's topic is: Words or topics that automatically make me pick up/buy a book

So:

1. France (obviously)

2. Ghost story (especially if it's dark and creepy and reminiscent of The Little Stranger)

3. Historian/Antiquarian-I am so drawn to books that have main characters that work in these types of fields

4. World War I or World War II

5. If something is compared to The Time Traveler's Wife

6. Serial killers (which my mom disapproves of..)

7. If someone calls the book a "mind fuck" almost always buy it

8. Rimbaud-I am fascinated by him so if I see his name anywhere it must be purchased

9. If something is classified as a French classic, I need to read it eventually

10. books (both fiction and nonfiction) that are called hilarious, because who doesn't love a good laugh?

3 comments:

  1. Ha, your #7 made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list -- your #6 made me howl -- my wife feels the same way about so many topics. I am also drawn to so many of the elements you mention -- spooky, French-ish, historicals with antiquitarians would be my dream book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love ghost stories. I just went with an all encompassing "horror" to include that one (and Victorian horror). I need to check out LITTLE STRANGER.

    ReplyDelete