Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish!  They have a great blog so don't forget to stop by!

This week's topic: Beach reads.

I really am not a beach person (though I have been craving a beach vacation....I feel like once I get out to the beach this summer I'm going to sit back with my book, get really hot, and then complain about how much I hate the beach, but I digress..).  However, a "beach read" for me is really any book that I want to read while lazing around the house/yard/porch and maybe beach.  When I think of "beach read" I don't necessarily think "fluff", but I also don't want something super heavy.  Or depressing.  So I define my beach reads and books that I know will probably be fun and leave me feeling a bit happy at the end.  So.  Here are mine!

1. The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. 

2. A Cottage by the Sea by Ciji Ware, which I did actually read while on a beach vacation a few years ago!

3. Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto, which I also read while on that same beach vacation!

4. Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik

5. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

6. La Seduction: How the French Play the Game of Life by Elaine Sciolino

7. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, because who doesn't love a book about being happy in the summer?!

8. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, which is one of my favorite books ever!  And did I really hear that he has a new book coming out soon?!

9. The Technologists by Matthew Pearl, because who doesn't love a good mystery.

10. Paris in Love by Eloisa James

What are your favorite beach reads?

6 comments:

  1. Seen Sloppy Firsts a few times today already. I do not know any of these books going to have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely recommend it! Not at all my normal type of book but I could not put it down :)

      Delete
  2. Hi they all look like good beach reads , we didn't, get chance for a beach read while in France , too rainy and too cold lol , never mind ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous, definitely need to get back to France soon!!

      Delete
  3. Not sure it'll be a favourite but I've just started 'The House I loved' by Tatiana de Rosnay due to the subject matter and it is DEFINITELY a beach read! A bit of Barbara Erskine can't go a miss as a bit of decent trash either

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt it'll end up being a favourite but I've just started 'The House I loved' by Tatiana de Rosnay due to the subject matter, which is DEFINITELY a beach read. A bit of trashy Barbara Erskine wouldn't go amiss either. (I love the new look by the way. Very clean and cute - Tres bobo! :))

    ReplyDelete