Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish! They have a great blog so don't forget to stop by!
This week's topic: Beach reads.
I really am not a beach person (though I have been craving a beach vacation....I feel like once I get out to the beach this summer I'm going to sit back with my book, get really hot, and then complain about how much I hate the beach, but I digress..). However, a "beach read" for me is really any book that I want to read while lazing around the house/yard/porch and maybe beach. When I think of "beach read" I don't necessarily think "fluff", but I also don't want something super heavy. Or depressing. So I define my beach reads and books that I know will probably be fun and leave me feeling a bit happy at the end. So. Here are mine!
1. The House on Tradd Street by Karen White.
2. A Cottage by the Sea by Ciji Ware, which I did actually read while on a beach vacation a few years ago!
3. Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto, which I also read while on that same beach vacation!
4. Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik
5. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
6. La Seduction: How the French Play the Game of Life by Elaine Sciolino
7. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, because who doesn't love a book about being happy in the summer?!
8. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, which is one of my favorite books ever! And did I really hear that he has a new book coming out soon?!
9. The Technologists by Matthew Pearl, because who doesn't love a good mystery.
10. Paris in Love by Eloisa James
What are your favorite beach reads?