Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Don't forget to visit their blog!

This week's topic: Books I wish had sequels.  We all know the feeling.  The book was complete, the story was great, and you loved the characters.  Even though everything is wrapped up, you still wish there was another book because you loved that little book world so much!  It's not so much you want the story to pick up where it left off, it's more you just want to continue to get lost in that book's world, ya know?  Here's my list.

1. The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke.  So I know this is kind of cheating because this has three (THREE!!) books, but I am so obsessed with them and when I read them they take me away to the Inkworld and I could really get lost there.  I want more.

2. Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk.  There is no way this could ever have a sequel because of how it went, but I can still dream, right?

3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer.

4. 13, rue Therese by Elena Mauli Shapiro

5. The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters

6. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann

7. The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman.  I was very sad when this one ended, more so than I usually am when a great book comes to a close.

8. Back to the theme of series that I love that end, The Books of Pellinor by Allison Croggon.  Loved these!  I'm not the only one who gets sad when a favorite series ends, right?  There are a few I never finished because I didn't want to leave them behind!

9. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

10. Paris in Love by Eloisa James.  It made me feel like I was back in France!

What are some of your favorite books that you just didn't want to end?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, great list -- I haven't read any, but it's promising you didn't want these to end! There are so many books I don't want to end -- of course, I can't think of any titles now -- but I'll chew over this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to Inkheart, I need more Inkworld in my life!

    ReplyDelete