Sunday, October 27, 2013

On Reading The Shining

I'm about a third of the way through The Shining as I write this, and let me tell you, it's already starting to creep me out.  This is my first go at Stephan King, and I figured why not start with the classic?  I have to say, I am so far pleasantly surprised.  For some reason I always assumed I'd hate King's writing style, but I really enjoy it.

This read is putting me in the perfect Halloween/Autumn mood.  It just feels right to read it with a candle burning and a hot cup of coffee or tea.

Hope you're all having a great reading week!

5 comments:

  1. I love Stephen King's writing style. It's so conversational - he's really a storyteller. He's the only science fiction / horror author I read! Enjoy it - The Shining is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely is a great storyteller! I could not put the book down.

      Delete
  2. This is such a creepy book, hope you're still enjoying it. I love Stephen King, my absolute favourite of his is Misery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give that one a try soon! I am now so much more open to his books since The Shining was so fantastic!

      Delete
  3. Make sure you keep it in the freezer ! :-O

    ReplyDelete