Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Recommend to my Mom
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's topic: books I'd recommend to X person. I'm choosing my mother.
My mom is a huge reader, and probably a major reason why my sisters and I are all avid readers. However, sometimes I think she gets stuck in a reading rut because she'll read too many books that are about the same thing. She likes literary fiction and crime novels the best I think. I love lending her books because she usually ends up loving them.
So, here is a list of books I'd like to recommend to my mom that she probably wouldn't pick up on her own.
1. Amity and Sorrow by Peggy Riley
2. The First Rule of Swimming by Courtney Angela Brkic
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
4. Enchantments by Kathryn Harrison
5. Skippy Dies by Paul Murray
6. The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli
7. Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
8. Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes (which I actually just lent to her)
9. The Technologists by Matthew Pearl
10. The Alienist by Caleb Carr
Who did you do your recommended reading list for??