Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankfully Reading is Wrapping Up!

http://www.jennsbookshelves.com/


I had such a great time participating in Jenn's Thankfully Reading Weekend.  I didn't get a whole ton of reading done.  I had to work on Friday and then had to spend a good chunk of my weekend getting my apartment cocktail party ready!

But I did finish the book for book club, The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and I got a good part of the way into the complete works of French poet Louse Labe.  Let me tell you.  I haven't read 16th century poetry in a couple of years.  So it was kind of slow going at first (I am reading it in French, with everything spelled funny because it isn't modern French!).  But I'm catching on quickly.

I am so thankful to have the leisure time to read.  So many people are constantly working to support their families or rebuild their homes.  And I just would like to say that I am thankful that I can devote a whole weekend to reading if I want to.

I hope you all had wonderful long weekends (if you're in the States), and just wonderful regular weekends if you're not!  Back to work tomorrow! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment