Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's topic: New to me authors I read in 2013.
1. Jessica Keener. I read both Night Swim and Women in Bed and adored them. I plan on reading everything she puts out from now on.
2. Stephen King. I waited so long to read any of his books because I just assumed for no real reason that I'd hate his writing style. I read The Shining and fell head over heels. I plan on reading more from him in the following year!
3. Megan McCafferty. Sloppy Firsts is one of the funniest books period.
4. Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The Angel's Game. The writing alone makes me want to pick up more from him.
5. Neil Gaiman. Coraline was just the right amount of creepy. I can't believe I waited so long to read it.
6. Kenneth Grahame. The Wind in the Willows!! I loved the movie growing up but the book is amazing!
7. Elizabeth Haynes. Into the Darkest Corner was fantastic. I don't read a ton of crime fiction because it sometimes feels like the same story over and over, but this was awesome and much more psychological. I know she has other books out and I need to get reading.
8. Jamie McGuire. Red Hill was my first foray into zombie fiction, and I loved it. I know she has other non-zombie books out there. I would really like to read them.
9. Gillian Flynn. I know Gone Girl is like the book. But I've read great reviews of her other books too.
10. John Boyne. This House is Haunted was perfect for Halloween time. I honestly don't know if he has other books out? But if so I want to read them.
Who's on your list?