Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

First of all, HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!  And also since I won't be posting tomorrow, MERRY CHRISTMAS!  To all who celebrate :)

This week's topic: Books I wouldn't mind Santa bringing me. 

Now, my family is full of book lovers, so I do usually get a few books from Santa..  though this year I didn't give my mom any lists to forward on to the North Pole.  So these are the books I would have asked for had I made a list to Santa (I always tried in the past to have a good selection of new releases and backlisted titles so Santa didn't have to get me all expensive hardcovers):

1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl

2. Rustication by Charles Palliser

3. The Edge of Nornal by Carla Norton

4. The Diviners by Libba Bray

5. The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin

6. Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie

7. Dirty Minds by Kayt Sukel

8. We Are Animals by Justin Torres

9. So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman

10. The Never List by Koethi Zan

I think my mom would be pretty proud of this list actually.  Not everything has to do with serial killers, death, dying, kidnapping, horror, etc.  Two years ago (I believe), after opening all my presents, she had to point out that every.single.gift fell under one of those categories.  And of course I'd asked for all of them.  She's always super happy when I visit and have a "normal" book in my hands, ha!

So what are you hoping to get from Santa this year?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent list! I wouldn't mind getting RUSTICATION as well :) I bought NIGHT FILM for myself with a birthday gift card but haven't read it just yet. Really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete