Friday, April 25, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

http://24hourreadathon.com/

It's time for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon again!  I can actually participate in this one too, because the boyfriend isn't going to be around.  So the dog and I plan on getting a lot of reading done.

I tend to get so into my books that I completely forget about Twitter updates and blog updates and whatnot.  But I will try to tweet periodically, using the hashtag #readathon.  We'll see how that goes :)

I'm not going to post constant blog updates.  Instead, I'm just going to do this one post, which I'll update with my reading status every few hours (if I remember..).  Maybe at the end of the read-a-thon I'll do a wrap up post.  But we'll see.

Books I have in my pile (not that I'm overachieving or anything, just like a nice big pile to choose from):
Eleanor and Park
The Fault in Our Stars
The Lifeboat
Parnassus on Wheels

Plus I have like 2 short story collections by little sister lent me and like 3 other books on my Nook.

Are you partaking in the readathon fun this weekend??  Let me know in the comments or on Twitter!

Update #1, 1PM:
Total Pages Read: 208
Total Books Finished: 1, Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender
Next up: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Interesting tidbits: The first part of the readathon was a bit all over the place for me.  Had errands to run, dog to walk.  Oh, and the dog and I definitely got caught in a downpour.  So that is great.

Update #2, 4:45PM:
Total Pages Read: 301
Total Books Finished: 1
Currently Reading: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell-LOOOVVVVVEEEE ITTTT!!
Interesting tidbits: It ain't a party til the gin arrives!  (like that Mindy McCready song, "It Ain't a Party Til the Girls Arrive"??).  Also, while taking Mr. Dog on a nice super long afternoon walk, the inevitable happened again.  Sun was shining when we left the house.  But did it start pouring??  Nope.  It started sleeting.  And I got pelted by sleet.  It turned into rain after a few minutes at least..  I hope everyone else is having a grand time readathoning :)
 
Update #3, 8PM:
Total Pages Read: 386
Total Books Finished: 1
Currently Reading: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.  Still loving it!  I wish the boyfriend was home right now because I want to keep nudging him to gush over this book.
Interesting tidbits: I duped my dog??  His latest thing the last like 2 weeks is this: As soon as he realizes we're almost back from a walk (like 4 to 6 houses away from home), if he doesn't think his walk was satisfactory or long enough, I will just stop.  No amount of nudging or pulling will get him moving.  So I've had to pick him up and carry him every single morning before work and many other times.  (he's only like 25 pounds so it's not too bad..)  Just now I decided to walk back to the house on the other side of the street.  And it worked!  Until we got to our porch steps!  So I picked him up and just carried him up the steps.  But I'm sure he's going to catch on to my new technique, so..

Readathon Wrapup!
Total Pages Read:  429
Total Books Finished: 1, and I'm almost done with Eleanor and Park.
Interesting tidbits: Wellll, I definitely went to take a short nap last night, and ended up sleeping until morning.  But I had so much fun doing the readathon with everyone!!  I can't wait for the next one in October.  I hope everyone else had a great time too!

3 comments:

  1. Nice selection! We already commented about John Green at my blog, but I've heard great things about Eleanor and Park as well. I hope you enjoy the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your read-a-thon!! Hope you get some of those books out of the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your selections! John Green and Rainbow Rowell are both such great readathon authors to pick! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete