Saturday, May 31, 2014

Home from BEA!

You guys!   I survived my first time at BEA :)  I'm pretty proud of myself. 

I had an amazing time and met some great people.  Hello to all of you!!  You know who you are!

I'm not going to any sort of recap because enough of those get posted every year after the expo.  I just wanted to say that I'm back, and as of tomorrow posting will resume as normal.

Here's a photo of me with one of my bestest friends in the world, who just happened to also get to travel to BEA for her internship:
 (I'm on the left and she's on the right!)

It was taken at Cafe Lalo, one of my favorite places to go when in NYC (and my mom's!)  The famous cafe scene from You've Got Mail was filmed there (my mom's favorite movie).  So if you're ever up in that neck of the woods (it's on 83rd between Broadway and Amsterdam), I highly highly highly recommend you check it out!  The desserts are to die for!  Breakfast and brunch are amazing!!  The coffee!  And THE CHEESECAKE!!  I hate to say it, but I went their twice this trip and got 2 gigantic slices of cheesecake.  It is amazing and totally worth the money.  Plus the place is gorgeous and plays great music.

But i digress.  BEA was so much fun and I got soooooo many books that I'm excited about!!  This might end up being a yearly thing for me because it was awesome! 

Oh and one more little thing before I end the post-I got to meet Valerie Tripp-my childhood idle who wrote all of my favorite American Girl books!!!!!!!!!!  I totally fangirled on her.  And then after our conversation she said it was so sweet to talk with a fellow AG alumni!!  Yes!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great time a BEA... I'll get there one of these years!

    ReplyDelete