Sunday, November 24, 2013

Shopping Indie: Burlington, VT-The Vacation Edition!

Shopping Indie is a sporadic feature on my blog.  Once in a while if I've gotten the chance to check out a new to me independent book store, I'll give it a shout out here. 

This, my friends, is a special edition of Shopping Indie!  It's the Vacation Edition!  As some of you may know, back in October the boyfriend and I took a weeklong vacation up to the Adirondacks and Burlington, VT.  There is a cute little bookshop in Lake Placid, which I didn't get a chance to visit this time around.  We did a ton of hiking in the Adirondacks and not much shopping.  In Burlington, though, we had a bit more time to hang out downtown.  And I found 2 great bookstores, one of which is a used bookstore and HAD A SALE going on yay!

Crow Bookshop was the first place we stumbled across.  It is the one with the used books, and it is adorable.  Exactly what I'd always pictured a used bookstore in Vermont to look like.  The staff was super friendly, and the prices were amazing.  They had some carts out with even more discounted sale books, and I ended up being reallllyyyy good and only buying one book.  Boyfriend and I were supposed to be looking for a place to have lunch so I made it quick and just got Cinder, which I've been wanting to read but didn't want to purchase at full price.  So win for me!

The next day, we stumbled upon Phoenix Books, which has new books, and reminded me of a bookstore I remember going to as a child in Mystic, CT (I believe that's where it was, anyway..).  They had a great selection with an adorable childrens section in the basement.  I ended up getting Neil Young's memoir, Waging Heavy Peace, which both Boyfriend and I had been wanting to read.

I was so thrilled that Burlington had 2 local bookstores right in their downtown area.  I'm definitely going back to them next time the boyfriend and I head up that way.  I actually have a photo of the books with the adorable bag that Crow Bookshop hands out, but I haven't uploaded the vacation photos to my computer yet and I am too lazy to do it now.  So maybe some other time!

Have you been to either of these bookstores?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment