Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Things I'm Thankful For

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic, with Thanksgiving just a few days away, is: things I'm thankful for. 

I've decided to do a bookish take on this, since otherwise my list would be way too long.

1. Bookstores.  Whether chains like Barnes and Noble or my neighborhood indies.  I love them all because I love being able to walk inside and smell the books and browse

2. My Nook.  On the other hand, I also love my Nook.  I love how if I'm home sick or the weather sucks and I have nothing to read (or nothing I feel like reading), I can just buy a book on my ereader and start reading instantly.

3. Netgalley, because let's face it, there are so many great books that come out and I don't want to have to wait until they come out in paperback!  I just can't afford to always be purchasing hard covers.  And Netgalley lets me read new releases, before they are even out!

4. Book club.  My sister, friend, and I started our book club a few months ago, and it has been such a blast!  Also I have a new friend out it. 

5. The library.  I have to admit, I haven't been going as often as I used to.  The library in my town didn't always have the greatest selection.  However, I now live right downtown, and there is a huge downtown library, so I really need to renew my card and start going!

6. My blog.  Because it gives me the chance to write about my thoughts on a book.  I started this blog because I needed an outlet for all of my book feelings.  As I've stated many times before, my mom and sisters are all huge readers, and we often want to read the same books.  But if I've just finished a great one, I can't even be like "OMG how awesome was that?!" because someone will be like "DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE BOOK I WANT TO READ IT!".  So it's great being able to come on here and write about my thoughts.

7. Other book blogs. Because I've gotten so many great book recommendations over the years!

So what are you thankful for? 

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I did a general one and not a bookish this time around. You have some good lists there - Ive always wanted to be part of a book club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab list. I should have focused on bookish things really but then, weirdly enough, there really would have been too many. I'm not sure my e-reader would make the cut but, I've had an intriguing experience reading my first book on there this month.....the jury's out but, it wasn't all bad!

    ReplyDelete