Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Reads

Back when I first turned my "Life in France" blog into a book blog, I used to do a weekly feature I called Weekend Reads, where I basically talk about what I've read that week, what I'm planning on reading the next week, and what's been happening in my life in general.  I liked this feature a lot and have decided to get it going again :)

So this past week I read a lot, but I was also really busy getting ready for school to start back up and with work.  I am almost finished with The Jungle, which is SO depressing but really good.  I finished The Gendarme, a new book that will be out this coming Thursday.  It was fantastic and I highly recommend it.  I'll be posting a review on Thursday!  And I lost my copy of The Time Traveler's Wife!  How, you might ask?  Beats me!  The only thing I can think of is that I put the book down somewhere in the big mess that was made when my sister was packing for her semester abroad, and after she left and we were cleaning up, my mom or little sis put the book somewhere.  I need to find it asap though.  I hate getting halfway through a book and then losing it.  (because yes, this has happened before!) 

This week my mom and I rented The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie!  The Swedish one, with subtitles.  It of course didn't live up to the book, and they had to change some things, and (obviously) shorten the story a bit.  And I was *quite* disappointed by the lack of SAABs in the movie.  There's one part in particular in the book where a SAAB plays a pretty big part (in my SAAB-obsessed opinion, anyway), and they totally changed that part in the movie to include NO SAAB at all!  But I did spy a few on the road throughout the movie ;)

This week, classes start at Buffalo State College.  I'm excited but also sad, because I won't be able to read nearly as much.  I also won't be able to work as much, which is nice, but also sucky, because I do need the money.  I do plan on finishing a few books next week, though.  And my knitting challenge starts on Wednesday, yay!

So that's it for this week.  I discovered some really awesome new blogs on the Book Blogger Hop this week and added them to my Google Reader :)  Hope everyone has a really great week, and OMG first week of September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment